The LGA is looking for artwork for the 15th Annual Lake George Bookmark Design Contest. Entries are now being accepted from all students in grades 4 and up who attend public, private, or home schools in the watershed, including Lake George, Bolton, Hague, Ticonderoga, Putnam, Dresden, Fort Ann, Queensbury, Horicon, Lake Luzerne, and Warrensburg.
The 2023 bookmark theme is:
Taking action to become a Lake Protector helps preserve the clean and clear water of Lake George for generations to come. Everyone can practice lake protection, no matter who you are, or where you are from. When thinking of a design this year, students are encouraged to focus on ways to be a Lake Protector. Here are some of our favorites:
- Reduce stormwater runoff to keep habitats safe for fish and wildlife.
- Volunteer for stream monitoring programs.
- Report algae to keep water clean and clear for swimming and drinking.
- Keep the storm drains free of debris for rainwater only.
- Identify and report invasive species.
- Finished bookmark size is 3” x 8”. A template is provided on the entry form.
- Designs must be in color (crayon, colored pencil, marker, or watercolor). Digital entries are also accepted.
- The winning bookmark design is printed along with the student’s name, school and grade. It is distributed to schools, libraries, and other locations throughout the watershed.
Completed entries can be mailed to:
Lake George Association
Attn: Jaimi DeFeo
PO Box 408
Lake George, NY. 12845
Digital entries can be sent to:
Digital artwork should also measure 3" x 8". Please include the contact information listed on the entry form in your email.