Reports to: Development Director
The LGA’s Development Manager has an essential role in supporting all of the annual fundraising initiatives for the organization. Working in partnership with the Development Director, the Development Manager is responsible for donor recruitment and retention for all “Society” level donors. The Development Manager will also support the LGA’s special events, appeals, stewardship programs and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Development to establish and execute the organization’s donor recruitment and retention strategy for all “Society” level donors.
- Identify donor prospects and coordinate outreach and follow up.
- Manage regular communications (print, electronic and phone) related to donor engagement etc.
- Assist in the content development and production of all marketing collateral, appeals, annual reports related to donor engagement for both new and existing constituents.
- Recommend and develop new donor programs to help drive increased participation and retention.
- Manage strategy, operations, and logistics for engagement programs and events.
- Assist Director of Development to strategize, develop and implement a comprehensive multi-year, annual giving fundraising plan.
- Ensure accuracy of gift information, relationship assignments and other data in donor database on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with Director of Development to coordinate staff and board fundraising activities through portfolios and assigned relationships.
- Write and/or edit stewardship letters, impact reports, and gift reports as needed.
- Support the Director of development in coordination and tracking of all planned giving, yearly pledges, and matching donations.
- Plan and provide support and follow up as needed for fundraising events and cultivation programs such as Bay-by-Bay, Business-by-Business, Gala, LGA annual meeting, summits, etc.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, manage the LGA’s sponsorship program, including designing sponsorship packages, setting sponsorship goals, and coordinating delivery of benefits related to sponsors.
- Function as liaison to specific LGA committees involved in fundraising projects such as Bay-by- Bay, the Gala and related events.
- Provide accurate and timely information on donors and prospects to LGA leadership, key volunteers and staff for the purpose of increasing donor support.
- Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and public sources including online database services, internet websites, library and government sources and other external information sources.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Experience, Expertise, and Education
- 3-5 years of experience in a non-profit, membership or annual giving fundraising role.
- Believer in donor-centered philanthropy and team collaboration.
- Self-starter, educator and diplomat with the ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment with many passionate and involved stakeholders.
- Strong operational vision for how procedures flow together to support everyone's best efforts.
- Experience and knowledge of the utilization of information systems to support fundraising activities.
- Possesses accurate, succinct, and persuasive writing and editing skills.
- Commitment to quality work, high productivity, and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and board leadership.
- Technologically savvy in handling of administrative practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead process implementation from inception to completion.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel, and Development (CRM) database programs.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and speaking skills.
- Demonstrated skill in relationship management and development.
- Bachelor's degree (required).
Excellent benefits – health, dental, vision and Retirement Plan with company match.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.