LGA Council of Science Advisors
As a science-guided organization creating a global model for freshwater protection, the LGA augments the research and scientific analysis of the Lake George Waterkeeper and The Jefferson Project with an esteemed Council of Science Advisors with particular expertise and many years of applied experience in the water quality issues of greatest importance to the future of Lake George.
- Jay Bloomfield, PhD, Retired NYSDEC
- Nicholas Clesceri, PhD, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Emeritus), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Robert A. Daniels, PhD, Private Consultant
- Charles Driscoll, PhD, Syracuse University, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Jeffrey Lape, Retired U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Kellie Merrell, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation Lakes and Ponds, Affiliate of University of VT Gund Institute for Environment
- Jeff Noel, The Weather Company, an IBM Business
- Linda Feist, PhD, University of Vermont
- Jeff Short, PhD, Research Consultant
- Robyn Smyth, PhD, National Science Foundation & Bard College, Center for Environmental Policy
- Kristine Stepenuck, PhD, University of VT, Rubenstein School of Environmental and Natural Resources
- Jason Stockwell, PhD, University of VT, Rubenstein School of Environmental and Natural Resources
- Jim Sutherland, PhD, Research Consultant; Retired, NYSDEC
- Ken Wagner, PhD, Water Resource Services
LGA Council of Business Advisors
Recognizing that a healthy Lake George environment and economy are mutually dependent, the LGA has also empaneled a Council of Business Advisors to lead the way in fostering active participation of the regional business community in our work to keep Lake George clear and clean for future generations. Council members bring the business community’s perspective and business acumen as key partners in our Lake protection initiatives and were the driving force behind the creation of the Business Compact on the Economic Imperative of Protecting Lake George. More than 100 area businesses have signed the Compact attesting to the value a healthy Lake George has to their business, and their commitment to acting and advocating on behalf of the Lake’s water quality. You can endorse the Compact and become a Lake Protector, joining the growing wave of support committed to securing the life blood of our regional economy.
- Vincent Crocitto, owner, Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
- Daniel Davies, president, Davies~Davies & Associates
- Patricia Dow, vice president, Lake George Steamboat Company
- Kathy Flacke Muncil, Council Chair and CEO, Fort William Henry Corp.
- Tom Guay, general manager, The Sagamore Resort
- Matt Harrison, VP of Residential Lending, Adirondack Trust Co.
- Robert Nemer, president, Nemer Motor Group
- Michael Phinney, owner, Phinney Design Group
- Jim Siplon, president, EDC Warren County
- Fred Vogel, president, Lake George Chamber of Commerce
- Marc Yrsha, senior VP of corporate development, Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company