Water Resource Manager and President, Water Resource Services, Inc.
Dr. Wagner holds degrees from Dartmouth College and Cornell University, with his Ph.D. earned in Natural Resource Management in 1985. He has over 40 years of experience working on a variety of water resources assessment and management projects, including lake, reservoir, river and watershed assessment, rehabilitation, and management, regulatory processes, and educational programs. In 2010 he started Water Resource Services, a small company with a focus on water supply protection and lake management consulting. He is a former President of the North American Lake Management Society and former Editor in Chief of Lake and Reservoir Management, a peer-reviewed journal.
- North American Lake Management Society (Certified Lake Manager, 1991-present)
- Aquatic Plant Management Society/Northeast Aquatic Plant Management Society
- American Water Works Association/New England Water Works Association
- Association for the Science of Limnology and Oceanography
- American Fisheries Society
- Sigma Xi Research Society
- Science-based water resource assessment and management
- Plankton composition and dynamics
- Rehabilitation design
- Water resource policy
- Wagner, K.J. 2017. Advances in hypolimnetic oxygenation. Lake Reserv. Manage 35:225-228.
- Wagner, K.J. 2017. Advances in phosphorus inactivation. Lake Reserv. Manage 33:103-107.
- Wagner, K.J. 2017. Phosphorus inactivation of incoming storm water to reduce algal blooms and improve water clarity in an urban lake. Lake Reserv. Manage 33:187-197.
- Wagner, K.J., D. Meringolo, D.F. Mitchell, E. Moran and S. Smith. 2017. Aluminum Treatments to Control Internal Phosphorus Loading in Ponds on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Lake Reserv. Manage 33:171-186.
- Wagner, K.J. 2015. Oxygenation and Circulation to to Aid Water Supply Reservoir Management. Water Research Foundation, Denver, CO.
- Wagner, K.J. 2014. Rapid Water Quality Monitoring to Aid Water Supply Reservoir Management. Water Research Foundation, Denver, CO.
- Wagner, K.J., K. Thornton, C. Laurin, and D.F. Mitchell. 2013. Water Quality Modeling to Aid Water Supply Reservoir Management. Water Research Foundation, Denver, CO.
- Wagner, K.J. 2013. Keeping the lake in lake management. LakeLine 33(3):4-6.